[Fsf-friends] SITEWATCH: ILUG-Margao... promoting GNU/Linux in South Goa

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 01:11:19 +0530 (IST)

URL             :  http://www.ilug-margao.org/html

           [1]Welcome to India GNU/Linux Users Group--GOA-Margao=20

                   [2]signup | login    ______________ search
               Topics [All Topics......]

    [3]Home [4]Photo Gallery [5]Contributions [6]Register! [7]CD Library
                                [8]Feedback

                                    Menu

   =B7 [9]Home
   =B7 [10]Contributions
   =B7 [11]Meetings
   =B7 [12]Members List
   =B7 [13]Private_Messages
   =B7 [14]Projects
   =B7 [15]Surveys
   =B7 [16]Tutorials
   =B7 [17]Web Links
   =B7 [18]Your Account

                                    Chat

   Chat room for the GNU/Linux enthusiasts Nick Name:
   ____________________ Enter Chat

                                Who's Online

                              Members options:

      [20]Logout
      [21]Lost password?

                             [registered2.gif]
                             Registered members

                                [space.gif]

      Today           1
      Yesterda   y    0
      Overall        66
      Latest  biker

                              Become a member?
          =20
   You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking [22]here

                               LinuxWeelyNews

          =20
   =B7[23]Open Source study by the Swedish Agency for Public Management
   =B7[24]PS/PDF file handling vulnerability
   =B7[25]LWN.net Weekly Edition for April 10, 2003
   =B7[26]ACLU loses digital copyright battle (News.com)
   =B7[27]Open-source battle rages in Oregon (News.com)
   =B7[28]This week's Tcl-URL
   =B7[29]MySQL 4.1.0 released
   =B7[30]Security alert roundup
   =B7[31]This week's Python-URL
   =B7[32]A Linux open source best practices guide: Applications (ZDNet)
   [33]read more...

                                 About Us
      Welcome! The Margao GNU/Linux User Group [MGLUG] is a non-profit
   organization. Margao GLUG's primary aim is to bring together GNU/Linux
      Users, enthusiasts and professionals so as to discuss and share
    various issues/ideas pertaining to GNU/Linux. We are a focused group
   of enthusiasts who want to promote the idea of GNU/Linux and encourage
    the use of [34]Free Software. Most of the MGLUG members are actively
    involved in the [35]Goa Schools Computer Project [GSCP]. Newbies who
   are planning to migrate to GNU/Linux need not worry as we will gladly
      provide you with a framework and try our best to answer all your
    queries. For more info, go through the meetings section. Enjoy your
                                   stay!
             Please read the [36]disclaimer before continuing.

                                CD Library!

   [37]announcements=20

   The much awaited CD library is now in place. [38]Click here for a
   listing of the current GNU/Linux software available for sharing. For
   those of you ordering personal copies, we will try and process the
   order within 48hrs

   Posted by [39]Andrew Suares on Wednesday, February 19 @ 04:27:03 EST

              Minutes of the meeting held on Saturday 15th '03

   [41]meetings_minutes by Frederick Noronha

   THIS REPORT has to be very brief, because I was myself late for the
   meeting in Margao last Saturday. Sanil T. was busy doing a demo and
   talking about Elx Linux (the distro from Hyderabad) when one intruded.
   Amey Hegde, one of the newest members to find this
   sometimes-infighting-prone and sometimes-very-helpful network of
   GNU/Linux enthusiasts. Apparently he works @ Controlnet,=20
   not far from ArvindC, but was not aware of this group till=20
   recently. How do we build more awareness about those who would=20
   like to be our members but just don't know what we do?
   note: Click on Readmore to read the whole story

   Posted by [42]Andrew Suares on Wednesday, February 19 @ 03:38:10 EST
   (8 reads)

                    GNU/Linux Frequently Asked Questions

   [45]gnu_related by Richard Stallman
   When people see that we use and recommend the name GNU/Linux for a
   system that many others call just "Linux", they ask many questions.
   Here are common questions, and our answers.
     * Why do you call it GNU/Linux and not Linux?
     * Why is this issue important?
     * How did it come about that most people call the system "Linux"?
     * What is the difference between an operating ystem and a kernel?
     * The problem with "GNU/Linux" is that it is too long. How about
       recommending a shorter name?
     * Should the GNU/[name] convention be applied to all programs that
       are GPL'ed?

   Posted by [46]Andrew Suares on Friday, December 27 @ 06:48:54 EST (13
   reads)
   ([47]Read More... | 37174 bytes more | [48]Read More... | Score: 0)

                      Tutorials Has just been uploaded

   [49]announcements Tutorials which will help Newbies shift to
   Linux.....Dual Boot with Windows, Some Myths about linux..... Bash
   scripting and much much more...Just click on Tutorials

   Posted by [50]arvind clemente on Monday, December 02 @ 05:01:06 EST
   (10 reads)

                   Contribution by our GLUG Members added

   [52]announcements You can now have tremendous help in configuring /
   compiling different packages under GNU/LINUX. You dont have to
   expirement.... just follow the already documented ccontributions.....
   Its just a click away...For details Just Click Contributions in our
   Main Home Page

   Posted by [53]arvind clemente on Friday, November 22 @ 00:10:03 EST
   (16 reads)
                             Private Messaging

   [56]announcements Due to popular demand, the private messaging feature
   has been added! To use it, you have to be registered. After logging
   in, click on the members list, select the member name and click 'Send
   Private Message' You will be automatically notified of incoming PM's.
   To login automatically during subsequent visits, enable the cookies
   option for this site.
   ------------------------
   Posted by [57]andrew suares on Wednesday, November 20 @ 11:36:41 EST
   (6 reads)

                            ILUG-Margao is back!

   [60]announcements ILUG-Margao is back! We have shifted over to a web
   portal system. It was getting a bit difficult to manage and add new
   content. After some unexpected issues with PHP-Nuke and a lot of
   customising, the site is up and running. Everything seems to be
   running fine. However, if you come across any any bugs/404 errors,
   please inform us.
   Key Highlights:-
   Added Contributions, Projects & Tutorials sections
   No more cross browser compatibility issues! Pages are displayed using
   w3c standards.

   Posted by [61]Andrew Suares on Monday, November 18 @ 07:35:15 EST (24
   reads)
                                   Survey

   Which is your favourite distro?
   (_) RedHat
   (_) Mandrake
   (_) Debian
   (_) SUSE
   (_) Gentoo
   (_) Others

   Don't have an account yet? You can [98]create one. As registered user
    you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration
                     and post comments with your name.

                            [sidebox-bottom.gif]

     Website maintained and updated by: Arvind Clemente & Andrew Suares