[Fsf-friends] Malappuram : IT@School and Akshaya

Arun M arun@gnu.org.in
10 Apr 2003 22:52:42 +0530

> School teachers and a handful of elected representatives of Malappuram
> district have requested a demonstration of Free Software, to be weighed

I am not sure which group is this. But I am working with a few teachers
from Malappuram to organise a workshop there(sri VK Sasidharan is the
contact person, active participant in IT@School). They tried to get
District Panchayath to organise it and that failed. So we will hold a
program of our own.

> against possible use at IT@School and Akshaya programmes of the district.

IT Mission showed interest in using GNU/Linux for Akshaya.

> Resident volunteers of the district, who would like to contribute to the theme
> (most likely in May) should make their presence felt.

That would be helpful.

Arun.