[Fsf-friends] And now the Kerala Electricity Board goes Microsoft

CK Raju ckraju@zyberway.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:47:01 +0530

Perhaps we should be devoting more effort to see that the 'corrupt practi=
ces'=20
of State Governments are thoroughly exposed.

Awarding huge software contracts to proprietary establishments are akin t=
o=20
killing the poorest sections of the people, a crime no less in its dimens=
ion=20
than what is happening at Iraq. If those killed or getting maimed in acti=
on=20
there, can take refuge in understanding the issue as a consequence of a=20
direct tangible attack, similar ones that take place in airconditioned=20
parlours here, often go unnoticed, with the effect more devastating.

Our bureaucracy is so happy in leading a 'stable married life' with the=20
proprietary establishments, that 'common people' appear to be 'dirt in th=
e=20
eyeball', something that needs to be wiped out for them to live in 'perfe=
ct=20
harmony'.=20

Earlier it had been GIM (Global Investors Meet), wherein the bureaucracy=20
wanted the natural resources to be awarded in a golden platter to the for=
eign=20
merceniaries. When there was a public outcry, they got ashamed and planne=
d=20
more seriously, coming out with the latest option, wherein they found out=
=20
that similar end results could even be achieved without inviting the=20
slightest of public attention.

I wonder what our forefathers, who had striven hard in their lifetime to =
drive=20
away the greedy and power hungry foreigners, would have had to say, after=
=20
seeing the latest attempts of the Indian Bureaucracy, who now use all the=
ir=20
'putrid brains' in seeing to it that, the best of resources, human natura=
l or=20
otherwise, are reserved for the same greedy foreigners.

CK Raju