[Fsf-friends] Re: ? Is the GPL completely misunderstood?

Raj Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:36:26 +0530

    RMS> [snip]

    RMS> However, this list isn't a general public forum for people of
    RMS> all views.  It was set up by the FSF for discussion among
    RMS> people who support it about how to carry out its work.  If
    RMS> you firmly disagree with an important FSF decision, you have
    RMS> a right to your views--but you shouldn't use this list to
    RMS> argue against or defy our policies.  We have another forum
    RMS> for that sort of discussion--the newsgroup gnu.misc.discuss.
    RMS> Please take it there, not here.

Richard, I was the one who specifically stated in my original message
<quote>
If anyone wants to tell me about the name I use for the operating
system, please do so in private mail
</quote>

I did NOT use the term Linux in that message.  I did NOT question any
policies in that message.  Anyone who wanted to discuss my usage of a
term could have safely sent me a private message and spared the list
this whole pointless thread.

By electing to make a response to that quote on this list you
automatically extended the mandate of the list to include policy
discussions.

</nitpick>

Regards,

-- Raju