[Fsf-friends] Re: ? Is the GPL completely misunderstood?

Richard Stallman rms@gnu.org
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:59:30 -0400

In general, you're free to call the system "Linux" if you want to.
You can even do so in public.  That's treating us unfairly, but you
are free to treat us unfairly if you insist.  We won't try to stop
you, we will only say it is wrong.  See
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#whynotsue.

However, this list isn't a general public forum for people of all
views.  It was set up by the FSF for discussion among people who
support it about how to carry out its work.  If you firmly disagree
with an important FSF decision, you have a right to your views--but
you shouldn't use this list to argue against or defy our policies.  We
have another forum for that sort of discussion--the newsgroup
gnu.misc.discuss.  Please take it there, not here.