[Fsf-friends] Microsoft is not a US monopoly - IT Minister Kerala.

CK Raju ckraju@zyberway.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:01:49 +0530

On Sunday 06 April 2003 10:29 am, Arun M wrote:
> Kerala IT Minister said Malappuram district that Boycotts should not
> hurt the `IT development' of the state.
>
> Sorry no more info.
We don't need more info, as it is well understood whose 'development' wou=
ld be=20
hurt most. Right now, the Govt is keen to computerise the Electricity=20
Department on MS platforms and soon most of the departments would follow=20
suit.=20
CK Raju

PS : This reminds me of a joke.=20

---------------------------------------------Joke------------------------=
------------------
What makes a Minister in Kerala prefer an American businessman?

The minister invited global tenders to hunt for a 'man' to be sent to moo=
n.
A keralite, a punjabi and an american, all businessmen,  are shortlisted.

Minister to Keralite : How much would you need to be sent to the moon ?
Keralite=09: Rs 5 lakh, sir.
Minister =09: What would you do with that 5 lakh ?
Keralite=09: Give it to my family.

Minister to Punjabi : How much would you need to be sent to the moon ?
Punjabi=09: Rs 10 lakh, sir.
Minister=09: How are you going to spend the amount ?
Punjabi=09: I would go around the world with Rs 5 lakh and give Rs 5 lakh=
 to my=20
family.

Minister to American : Sir, how much would you need to be sent to the moo=
n ?
American=09: Rs 25 lakh, Mr Minister.
Minister=09: Sir, what would you do with that money ?
American=09: As a charity, I would like to give you Rs 5 lakh from that a=
mount=20
straightaway. With another Rs 5 lakh, the Keralite could be asked to take=
 up=20
the 'mission' and I would prefer to keep the balance.

Needless to say, and without any anticlimax, the Minister prefers the=20
American.

--End of Joke ---- Raj Mathur may please excuse - this one's not for you.