[Fsf-friends] SITEWATCH: What exactly is gnowledge?

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred@bytesforall.org
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 00:04:05 +0530 (IST)

URL             :  http://www.gnowledge.org

Welcome to Gnowledge!

     By `gnowledge' we mean the knowledge accessible freely for the
     community in general, and to the users of the WWW in particular. We
     expect that the `g' in the term `gnowledge' is pronounced hard, and
     is not silent as `k' in `knowledge'. The possible Sanskrit and
     Greek roots of the term `knowledge' and the ideal of GNU to share
     knowledge in general and software knowledge in particular inspired
     us to use this term.

     At this site we will publish software to manage gnowledge. We
     desire to make this a community portal for those who believe in
     sharing.

     We are developing a gnowledge management application called
     GNOWSYS. Find out more about it by navigating through the menu on
     the left side.