[Fsf-friends] e-Governance

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
28 Oct 2002 10:52:03 +0530

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 11:05:39 +0530, CK Raju <ckraju@zyberway.com> wrote:

> I presented a paper on the social fairness of software at the just
> concluded 34th Regional Science Conference at Thrissur.  The core
> theme is attached herewith for remarks and suggestions from members
> of this list.

        Huge drain of economic resources for maintaining efforts

That is not a good argument for countering proprietary software at
all. The archives of this list are full of comments pointing out why
this argument is flawed.

> I deliberately avoided the terminology of 'Free Software' as the
> audience had been economists and planning experts.

To such an audience we can say at the outset "Please don't consider
free software for its economic benefits but for its social benefits."
Using the term swatantra software would also help.

Khuzaima