[Fsf-friends] Fwd: Free software movement in Cochin University of Science and Technology

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
07 Oct 2002 12:31:49 +0530

Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 05:52:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: bharat chandran <getbharatchandran@yahoo.com>
Subject: Free software movement in Cochin University of Science and Technology
To: gnu@gnu.org.in

Sir,

An Open Forum of Free Software Movement was held in
the Dept of Polymer Science,Cochin University of
Science and Technology,Cochin,Kerala,India  on 25th
September at 2 P.M. for promoting Free Software
Movement in CUSAT.The following decisions were taken

(i) To form a core group of people interested in Free
Software

(ii) To form an egroup for Free Software Movement in
CUSAT. ('FSCUSAT'(CUSAT Free Software Movement >
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fscusat/) is now
available)

(iii) To start loading Linux in the systems of
interested users

(iv) To arrange a workshop on Free Software towards
the end of October.(For atleast two representatives
from each Department)

(v) A committee was formed with two convernors

    1. Mr. G.Santhosh Kumar (Lect. ,Dept of Computer
Science)
    2. Mr. Bharat Chandran.R.S (Student, Dept of
Instrumentation)

Regards,
Bharat Chandran

NB:- Please tell me how to be a member of FSF
india.Also tell me how our members in Cochin
University will be able to a member in FSF India