[Fsf-friends] Fwd: Govt Stand on Linux

CK Raju ckra@vsnl.net
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:27:20 +0530

On one hand the Government says that it has decentralised and transferred
most of the powers to local bodies, and here it appears to be strengthening
its hold.
CK Raju
KILA

Subject: letter
Date: 3 Oct 2002 17:28:43 -0000
From: "ramanunni s sivasankaran" <hitharamanunni@rediffmail.com>
To: ckraju@zyberway.com

I invite your kind attention to the resolution adopted by the
Pattanchery Grama Panchayat about the installation of Linux in
the computer during the month of January this year.   In this
regard we had sent a letter to the secretary to the government for
the approval of Linux installation in the computers.

The additional secretary for secretary department of local
administration in his letter ltr.no 31914/02 dla dt.25.9.02 to the
secretary pattanchery grama Panchayat has strictly   objected the
installation of Linux as operating system in the computer when it
is being installed in the Panchayat instead of windows.

The secretary pattanchery grama Panchayat called on me over the
phone yesterday and informed this fact to me.  This is for your
information please.

Nothing more at present.

Thanking you,
(Ramanunni)