[Fsf-friends] Good News!

Sayamindu Dasgupta unmadindu@Softhome.net
02 Oct 2002 14:22:31 +0530

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 13:03, Nagarjuna G. wrote:

> A very good news.  I am just coming from a meeting with
> Mr. M.S. Sridhar (of Cyberscape Multimedia Limited) and Prof. Jitender
> Shaw (VJTI, Mumbai).  Sridhar is releasing the Indian Language TTF
> fonts (more than hundred) under GPL today the the birthday of Mahatma
> Gandhi.  He has fonts for all the languages.  The press release and
> release note will be posted by evening.  I wanted to break the news to
> all of you. We have been trying to have this meeting happen, but it
> happened today. The fonts will be putup on FSF-India's website for
> download, as well as their companies web site.  The details will be
> announced soon.  I will put it up on the FSF site as soon as I get the
> CD. We can also put them up at indic-computing site at sourceforge.
>
> Now the task is to make use of the set of TTF fonts and solve the
> immediate problem of encoding and rendering with TTF fonts in all the
> Indian Languages and release the GNU/Linux distro with GNOME
> applications enabled by January 26.  The next task is to convert these
> fonts to Open Type fonts as soon as possible.

GREAT!!!
this would be a BIG help for all of us out here
-(BIG) cheers-
sdg

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta
http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/

This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named
above
and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
unsuitable
for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour,
or
irrational religious beliefs.

If you have received this email in error, you are required to shred it
immediately, add some nutmeg, three egg whites and a dessertspoonful of
caster sugar.   Whisk until soft peaks form, then place in a a warm oven
for
40 minutes.   Remove promptly and let stand for 2 hours before adding
some
decorative kiwi fruit and cream.   Then notify me immediately by return
email
and eat the original message.