[Fsf-friends] Re: [bytesforall_readers] Microsoft to share Windows code with India

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil@vsnl.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:06:09 +0530

Warning:- This one is a bit tongue-in-cheek!!!!

sunil wrote:

> Before the concept of Private Property: No Economic Divide
 > After the concept of Private Property:
> Land Owners Landless Economic Divide

Later on, the world was divided into the haves, the havenots, and the
have-not-paid-for-what-you-haves.

> Before the concept of Intellectual Property:-
 > No Digital Divide
> After the concept of Intellectual Property:
 > Those with Knowledge
 > Those without Knowledge

This one is serious.

Now, with the concept of IP, as understood by WIPO, and interpreted
within the past two or three decades, the statement about 'have not
paid for what you haves' will start applying to the countries of world
too.  Already, we have the developed countries, underdeveloped
countries, and broke countries.

Regards,
Mahesh T. Pai.