[Fsf-friends] Microsoft's shared source... a query

Gopal V gopalv82@symonds.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 13:39:05 +0530

If memory serves me right, Arun M wrote:
> What about going to Blore and give a talk DotGNU and GNU GPL.

If I could just find time ... December is the big exam month ...
And I have an exam on 4th.. which sort of rules this entire thing
out ..

> Dont forget to Keep your eyes and ears closed during Tarun's
> presentation.

Naah... need to keep awake to ask him questions like "Won't contributing
to Rotor sort of be like working unpaid for Microsoft ?" ... And of course
"How will Rotor succeed without Windows.Forms support ?, All .NET programs
seem to be primarily GUI tools ..."

> May be you will get an offer at Redmond ;)

Well ... if recieved an offer from MS , it means we've scared them
already ... which is IMHO a very good thing :-)

Well someone *could* put in a nice word for DotGNU, the "Free Software"
Implementation of .NET and ask how it will affect contributions to Rotor..

Gopal