[Fsf-friends] Licensing of GNU software

Kanti Jadia Kanti Jadia" <j_kanti@rediffmail.com
26 Nov 2002 16:25:01 -0000

I am sorry ,am not updated for a long time.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I got a cross reference from savannah.gnu.org pointing to the
copyright issue

https://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?question=What_does_it_mean_to_become_a_GNU_package.txt&group=savannah

Deciding that a program is GNU software does not necessarily
require transferring copyright to the FSF; that is a separate
question. If you transfer the copyright to the FSF, the FSF will
enforce the GPL for the program if someone violates it; if you
keep the copyright, enforcement will be up to you.

Thanks again

regards

Kanti Jadia