[Fsf-friends] Is this true?

CK Raju ckra@vsnl.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:11:07 +0530

And as someone put it, this tour to sub-continent appears to be more out of
fear (on losing out market share), rather than any real goodwill.  DId I see
that fear reflected on the face of Narayana Murthy?
Maybe, maybe not.

Earlier too, we had such Chairmen of rich and powerful MNCs making donations,
something that Bordieu compared to 'soft violence', as that tantamounted to
pressurising the 'State under influence' to forcibly allow flow of goods or
services from that MNC, ultimately leading to 'more violence'.

In fact, I would concur with the thinking that such 'violence' being
unleashed by rich and powerful global MNCs are more terrorising than any
other forms of violence, especially when no other extra-terrestrial  forms of
life are threatening us.

Not anymore, Bill, you would lose that contribution, too. We will become
wiser with the passage of time, sharp enough to track such narrow moves.

CK Raju