[Fsf-friends] Re: [gscp] Goa Syllabus for Linux

Frederick Noronha fred@bytesforall.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:42:41 +0530 (IST)

Two points:

(i) The syllabus does not need to be "Linuxised", it just needs to be made
product-neutral and OS-neutral, and task-oriented.

(ii) Secondly, apart from just doing the above, it also needs to be
reevaluated. Look at the crap they're being taught in schools in Goa!

I could easily volunteer anytime. But educationists are going to turn
around and say that the syllabi was framed by people without a background
in pedagogy.

Apparently Dr Nagarajuna of the TIFR is working on collating comparative
syllabi of different institutions (if I recall right... my 'hard-disc'
is too cluttered). We need to see what the others are doing, and perhaps
go in for a best-case practise. FN