[Fsf-friends] Free Software: What does freedom really mean... to whom?

Raju Mathur raju@linux-delhi.org
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:23:13 +0530

    Alex> ==>Raju Mathur wrote:
    >>  Yup.  If Uncle, Auntie and DTP-wallah are using Linux

    Alex> A very big IF indeed.  Most of the computers used by these
    Alex> people are assembled ones and they come preloaded with the
    Alex> latest M$ bloatware and all sorts of bleeding-edge thingies
    Alex> from major software companies (`pirated' of course).

I think you're missing the point, Alex.  The original message from
Geert and Frederick's response were to do with the question of ability
to modify free software, not with the pervasiveness of the same.
Geert's thesis was that the ability to modify free software is useless
in most cases since the users don't have the skills required to modify
it in the first place.  You've already seen my response, even if out
of context :-)

Regards,

-- Raju

--