[Fsf-friends] Re: [Bytesforall_Readers] Understanding Free/Libre and Open Source Software (or, FLOSS) (fwd)

Frederick Noronha fred at bytesforall.org
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 23:48:39 +0530 (IST)

Below is an excerpt from a debate that happened on BytesForAll (a network
that some of us in India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka helped
set up). I think what Tapan Parikh says is fascinating. Am sharing it with
you guys at FSF. We need to more effectively network NGOs (or
not-for-profits, developers and ITforDevelopment circuits). As of now,
we're working in concentric circles, it would seem. FN
PS: Satish Jha is of digitalpartners.org. Tapan Parikh is a US-returned
expat (in his twenties, idealistic, currently forming a team around the
EkGaon, literally One Village, network).