[Fsf-friends] free library software

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:00:39 +0530

sreekumar posts :

>> we  are  looking  for  a   library  software  (GPL)  for  my  college
>> library. please inform if anybody have any information.

Someone at  IISc, Bangalore has compiled  a good list got  by linking up
via

         http://144.16.72.189/opendl/free-software.htm

In fact, I have requested our Public Library at Ernakulam to go for only
Free  Software  in  implementing  solutions.   They  have  a  `non-free'
solution provided by someone which is in a total mess now for which they
had wasted a huge amount of money.

There was this  article in First Monday or Linux  Today which was asking
for Libraries  to go for FS  solutions, please do search  via the Google
engine.

HTH.
--
ragOO, VU2RGU<->http://gnuhead.dyndns.org/<->GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio