[Fsf-friends] Re: Microsoft to share ...

CK Raju ckraju@zyberway.com
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:02:05 -0400

Satish,
> the issue is not just about property rights. the issue is about ..
> itself. i am not responding to just one feature of the debate. it...
> all. if a hypothesis cannot stand the weakest test, how strong wou..

You appear to be putting forth crucial issues. FS movement is definite
to prove a point here, when it finally brings down one such 'goliath'
within the 'core'. While 'progress' that you mentioned is working in
favour of this 'core' or 'centre' through manipulative moves, this
movement now stands a good chance of claiming victory by organising
the 'periphery' towards a common goal. The movement, by then would
have acquired a huge proposition with a lot of workforce behind it,
from where the next important 'reproduction of inequality' can be
addressed. Perhaps, it would be for this reason, that 'technology'
would be remembered for generations, in achieving, what has so far
eluded most philosophers, towards, suggesting a safe way out. Since
most of them in their own areas, have already created necessary
'backups', recreating glory and prosperity may not be all that
difficult.
Moreover these issues are not just confined to inner circles of
philosophers,of late, they have been projected even by the CIA, for
instance, the growing 'inequality and power divide' has been
identified as the most 'possible' cause behind the unrest, that the
developed nations are currently worried about. This should not idle us
from going ahead, as the 'core' needs to be scared, for it to get
'adjusted' to being 'less violent', in order for our 'governments' to
acquire some amount of confidence, to be real 'alternatives' and not
just 'alternations'.
CK Raju