[Fsf-friends] Mentoring students !!

Tarun Gaur gaur_tarun@hotmail.com
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 06:03:42 +0000

Hi Friends,

It is really exciting to know that someone is picking up the roots of not
only linux but intelligence as well.

I have lately been discussing the fact with RMS that how majority of the
students are being left out of open source initiative (FSF/GNU). Abhas is
very right when he says that students carry enormous potential when guided
and manouvered in the right direction. The freshness of approach is the key
to innovation and this coupled with experienced guidance takes the shape of
a juggernaut.

I have myself been interacting with students on various projects and have
been amazed at their ability to push things through.

I have found students of being very receptive on taking up challanges and
abhas is again right when he says that sometime we have to co-op up with
their state of stagnancy. But then most of the Genius are known lazy
fellows. But believe me, when they are on a roll, thats when guys like bill
and larry spend some sleepless nights, on knowing what these aliens are
upto. In his recent visit to india, bill gates did mention "I SEE SOME
INNOVATIVE PRODUCT COMPANIES COMING UP FROM INDIA" and believe me he
understands the power of these small creatures (students) of our IT world,
he knows there are lot of seeds being sown in garages all around the world.
Indian garages have an edge. A large student base is ready to scratch their
heads and another thing that Devang Mehta(late NASSCOM honcho) likes to
identify with India - THE INDIAN JUGAAD is always handy.

We need a unified effort to gather this scattered force and what could be a
better forum than FSF/GNU.

Make the Students follow the FSF Ideology and see the results: These
creatures invade the industry every year with dreams and ambitions. They
will eat up the properietry world.

We need to make them believe that they are "THE ONE"; especially in India.
leave you with this thought,

Regards,
tarun gaur