[Fsf-friends] How to make Motorola SM56 internal modem work ?

Raghavendra Bhat ragu@vsnl.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:01:40 +0530

Sreekumar posts :

>> the problem is  that it will not work with  RH versions higher than
>> 7.2. The kernal will not support.

The `non-free' driver could be made to work with Redhat >= 7.2. I have
made it a point never to give  support for a `non-free' thing as it is
evil  in that it  keeps the  users' divided  and helpless.   The newer
kernels will support but I refuse to give my support. ;-)

>> "Connexant modem". As  they provide source code we  can use for any
>> disto, any version. this should be popularised

Yes, the right  way to go and support.  Thanks  Sree for pointing this
out and suggesting this alternative.

Best...
--
ragOO, VU2RGU   ::   Visit us at http://symonds.net/~fsug-kochi/
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio