[Fsf-friends] Its great work Guyz

Gopal V gopalv82@symonds.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:34:46 +0530

If memory serves me right, Tarun Gaur wrote:
> centerstage. The edge lies in integrating the linux environment such that it
> provides all the .NET funtionality (not .NET) in linux. We have a beautiful
> langauage in Java at our hands. If we can get togather to promote java as an
> alternative (matching or superseding .NET), infact C and C++ are good enough
> with a strong developer base.

I don't like Java for 2 reasons :-

1) Sun is not the saviour of Free Software, and has never been...
2) Java is not standardized in any form , except under 100% SUN control

Having said all that , I'm working on the Java frontend of cscc as my graduate
project ... The parser is almost complete right now ...