[Fsf-friends] [indlinux-group-request@lists.sourceforge.net: IndLinux-group digest, Vol 1 #48 - 1 msg]

Nagarjuna G. nagarjun@hbcse.tifr.res.in
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:00:27 +0530

----- Forwarded message from indlinux-group-request@lists.sourceforge.net -----

>From nagarjun  Thu Aug 29 00:28:46 2002
From: indlinux-group-request@lists.sourceforge.net

	indlinux-group-admin@lists.sourceforge.net

than "Re: Contents of IndLinux-group digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Malayalam translation of the GPL (Mahesh T Pai)

--__--__--

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:00:19 +0530
From: Mahesh T Pai <paivakil@vsnl.net>
To: malayalamlinux@yahoogroups.com,
 indlinux-group@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Indlinux-group] Malayalam translation of the GPL

Dear everybody,

I am working on translating the GPL into Malayalam.  At present, the preamble
is completed, and I have put it up on my site,
http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/freecommunity/

The files are pre-release versions, and comments on the terminology used is
invited.  For ease of feed back, I have numbered the paragraphs in square
brackets [], and please quote the paragraph number in your responses.

It is available in four formats,
1. Varamozhi text:-
http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/freecommunity/gpl-ml-preamble-prerelease.txt

2. jpeg file:- (huge - 183 kb)
http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/freecommunity/gpl-ml-preamble-prerelease.jpg

3. iscii encoded html, cur'tsy iLeap - so it uses ML-TTkarthika font.
http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/freecommunity/gpl-ml-preamble-prerelease.htm

4. Unicode html, converted from varamozhi.
http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/freecommunity/gpl-ml-preamble-prerelease-unicode.htm

The unicode file uses styles in the headers and uses malayalam.ttf (the font) by
default.  If you do not have malayalam.ttf, open this file (the html file) in
any text editor, and add name of font you have on line 19.

5. Post script format, (hhhhhuuuuuuggggggeeeeee - 251 kb)
http://in.geocities.com/paivakil/freecommunity/gpl-ml-preamble-prerelease.ps

I expect that there might some some opinions on the choice of words used, (like
'saujanyam' and 'swatantra').

Expecting your feed back (boquets and brickbats),
Mahesh T Pai.