[Fsf Education] A small exposure to GNU/Linux

Ajay Pal Singh Atwal ajaypal@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Sep 19 10:07:12 IST 2006

:-)

Brush up your linux skills, usually a new entry in xorg.conf for a new monitor (specify the refresh rate) would do the trick. Though this kind of thing should have been handled automatically by X, fortunately i never had such a problem. The easy workarounds are temporarily turn off your laptop LCD, restart the system and before kuduz (that is in FC, dont know abt ubuntu) begins its usual h/w detection switch over to external display.

Another off topic rant, i guess most of the people subscribed in fsf education must be giving presentations on gnu/ linux to our students and delegates, is it possible we can create a repository of GNU FDLed presentation material contributed by community. Can FSF India help in this, maybe by providing some server space or some way to organise and contribute stuff. The presentations can be improved by community efforts.

I can contribute my presentation material that I have prepared collected over for last 3-4 year since I have started advertising/ marketing GNU software.

Some possible categories to organise presentation material may be:

Introductory and Beginer
  OS in general
  Indiavidual Software Packages
Mid Level
  Software development and software engineering
  Using tools to automate
  Kernel Development
  Web Application Development

blah blah...