[Fsf Education] A small exposure to GNU/Linux

Roshan d_rosh2001@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 18 19:54:01 IST 2006

This post is sent to three lists (GNU/Linux , FSF-EDU,
FSF-FRIENDS) because I wanted to share this experience
and also have a small question.

I was asked to present a seminar on a topic assigned
to me. The seminar topic doesn't have much relevance
to this post, but there was something different that I
tried.

In a way, I have exposed "Free Software, Ubuntu LIVE
CD" distro to my classmates and one of my professor. I
didn't speak about GNU and Free Software, but I did
mention about considering (GNU/Linux) as an
alternative to Windows.

One mistake I committed, was I being a bit bais to
GNU/Linux and pin-pointing _only_ Microsoft to be
responsible for proprietary software.

The question that I have ask is this. We had a DLP
Projector that could not synchronize with the hardware
and the display always went out of Range for Ubuntu
6.06.
Why?..Doesn't ubuntu run on DLP's?