[Fsf Education] Programming Languages

Arun M arun@freedevelopers.net
30 Oct 2002 21:32:54 +0530

>     Arun> Hi Friends, Long since we had a flame !!!  Let me try
>     Arun> one. Which language should students on Kerala learn.
>
>     Arun> Basic or Python ? Raju's Language or God's ?
>
> Basic?  Ewww!
>
> I'd say Python.  Even though I personally prefer Perl for my own
> programming, I appreciate that it takes some getting used to.  Python

I share your view, even if i cant code in Perl(i started Perl long back
immediately switched to Python). I like perl philosophy a lot.
Larry Wall seems to be good in that :)

IMHO, Logo is much better than Basic for introduction. People seems to
have some fascination with 'Basic'. May be most of the 'aged' experts
started with Basic.