[Fsf Education] GNU/Linux in Schools [Was: Re: [Fsf-india] Peruvian Bill and its response]

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala fsf-edu@mm.gnu.org.in
10 May 2002 12:32:54 +0530

On Thu, 9 May 2002 21:40:55 +0530, Arun M <arun@freedevelopers.net> wrote:

> > If the Director of Public Instructions, Kerala, is "interested" in
> > free software, then we must first request him to consider introducing
> > the simple philosophy of free software in the school curriculum. Some
>
>   Some efforts were put into this and became fruitful. Proposed Computer
>   text book got boxes on Free Software, RMS, Linus etc.
>   (Credit goes to Dr Krishnan). We may be able to get more details in
>   the book coming up next.

That's wonderful! Arun or Dr. Krishnan should have announced this good
news on the list at the earliest. It's a great step. Congratulations!

Khuzaima