[Fsf Education] Spread the message, not the OS

Amitabh Trehan fsf-edu@mm.gnu.org.in
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Khuzaima A. Lakdawala"
<klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in> wrote:
> > If Linux is going to reach the school classroom,
> the success or failure of

Hi,
 thats a very well made point. The philosophy needs to
spread first and why concentrate on propagating just
the O.S., try spreading all free SW like LaTeX etc, in
a way that does not intimidate the people.
 A senior teacher at IGNOU related to me the stiff
resistance to change he has experienced with all level
of staff except the highly motivated. There is a whole
field of `Change engineering' that needs to be looked
into.

Amitabh

=====