[Fsf-india] Re: [Fsf Education] Fwd: Free Software for Education

p.s.k (praveen s khan) fsf-edu@mm.gnu.org.in
13 Dec 2001 15:36:06 -0000

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 Ranjit Babu wrote :

> > Not all Schools have C/C++ in the Syllabus. Most of
> the KV Schools have
> > FoxPro and MS Excel in 11th and 12th std, and this is
> serious!
> >
> Post 1998, CBSE schools definitely have C/C++ in their
> syllabi. Prior to
> that, Pascal was in. Now its found its way out.
>
> > I do not agree. What I think is to get a good hold of
> the machine They
> > have to start with ALP in a mild way and then
> continue with C/C++.
> >
> Boards have their focus on bridging the gap between
> school syllabi and
> engineering/related courses. Most engineering syllabi
> begin with a C/C++
> course; some even retain Pascal..CBSE doesn't even have
> a clear focus on
> software- they have comp organization basics peppered
> with some C/C++ for
> effect! I know for a fact that very few students come
> out with a good base
> in programming. What we could focus on is changing the
> complete
> mindset. The FS philospy could proe inspiring..

As Ranjit said even engg. colleges follows the path of PASCAL &  some c/C++. This can be changed with the awareness of Free s/w. I think The ideas like 'Ofset' are good & effective.