[Fsf-india] Re: [Fsf Education] Fwd: Free Software for Education

ramakrishnan fsf-edu@mm.gnu.org.in
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:42:17 +0550

> 	The objective is to provide a complete set of Free Software Tools
> for education, promote FS and (package)distribute applications among
> students. Our first target would be Standard 11 and 12 (plus two).

This seem to be a good idea, and as Arun said, yes, it is good to educate teachers
first and then the students. But I think today's plus-2 students are smart enough to
appreciate free software. Unfortunately, CBSE is giving heavy dosages of C/C++
instead of teaching some good scripting languages like Scheme/Lisp/Python which
will enrich their mind and appreciate programming more.

Also have a look at  www.ofset.org/,
--
Ramakrishnan M  <rkrishnan@debian.org> | http://people.debian.org/~rkrishnan/