[Fsf-delhi] FSF-India in LinuxAsia 2006

Sameer N Ingole strike@antispam.org
Fri Jan 13 00:08:33 IST 2006

nipra wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On 1/9/06, Sameer N Ingole <strike at proscrutiny.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Anivar has sent me the FSF posters on 6th Jan. I will be printing them
>>out this Saturday.
>>
>>How many of you are willing to contribute some time for FSF-India stall
>>in this event?
>>

>I'm willing to volunteer for FSF-India stall at Linux Asia.How can I
>contribute in the process?

Welcome aboard Nikhil. We need help on following things. Help whereever
you can.

Do you know anyone from organizing body of LinuxAsia? I want to get the
firm answer from them about the stall space for FSF India. Tomorrow I am
going to talk to them on phone and if I don't get anything firm, on
Saturday I will go to their office in Noida. Printing posters have to be
postponed till we get assurance for stall space.

So far we have four members:

Sameer N. Ingole - Gurgaon
Amol U. Hatwar - Gurgaon
Mishi Chowdhary - ??
Nikhil Prabhakar - ??

We are planning to do round robin and attend talks in the process. At
any given time there should be at least one person at stall to attend
the visitors. Also if we get a PC we will be installing GNU software on
GNU/HURD and keeping it on display.

For this installation we will need CDs and DVDs of GNU/HURD and other
GNU software that I don't have at the moment. GCC certainly will be one
and if possible working GCJ. Of course all these things depend on we
getting a PC there like we got one in FOSS.IN.

I should receive handouts of FSF India and SPACE soon. Guys at
Thiruvananthapuram will be sending them in. To attract people I am also
planning to get a banner printed on flex (somebody please step in for
the design please) and ask people to sign on it to mark the presence.

I will be paying for poster printing. Anyone for banner on flex, CDs
DVDs of GNU HURD and other GNU software?

Any suggestions, inputs, criticism, advice.. ?

Sameer N. Ingole
Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.