[Free-gis] Degree to Meter? (Sajith VK)

Ravi Vundavalli ravivundavalli@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Mar 20 16:24:22 IST 2006

Hi Terry,
converting Long Lats to meters
is converting Geographic coordinates to astute coordinates.
With lat the size of a Longitude Degree changes, as it is maximum near
equator and should be zero near poles.

simple way is to use a converter. U input lat longs and it does all the work
and output meters for U..
http://www.geocomp.com.au/geocalc/

Goodluck
Ravi Kumar